We've been asked how our donations work, how much of it goes to charities and non-profit organizations, and other details regarding our donation process so here's a breakdown to explain what we can.
We have two separate categories or donations. One we call "Monthly overall" and one we call "Per Item/Per Cause."
- "Monthly Overall" donations are ones we designate here on the site, on our social media, newsletters, etc. and those are the non-profits to where a portion of the proceeds from all sales from an entire month are donated to. For example, November 2019's "Monthly Overall" recipient is Central Texas Food Bank. So a percentage of ALL sales from that month will be donated directly to Central Texas Food Bank.
- Since Thanksgiving is in November, One Thirteen Creations will also be donating extra so those less fortunate have a chance at getting a delicious meal this year. We'll be donating in the form of canned goods as well as a cash contribution.
- Central Texas Food Bank (centraltexasfoodbank.org) is also matching all donations this month, dollar for dollar so every $10 donation results in 80 meals provided for those who receive support from Central Texas Food Bank.
- "Per Item/Per Cause" donations are for certain items where we have designated a certain charity or non-profit organization. For example, our H2Whoa shirts and sticker have been attached to Charity:Water - a non-profit organization that helps bring clean and safe drinking water to people in developing countries (charitywater.org).
- With these items, not only does a portion of the proceeds benefit their designated non-profits, but also to our "Monthly Overall" donations. Kind of like a two-for-one deal! For example, $1.00 gets donated to the designated non-profit, but also $1.00 gets donated to our "Monthly Overall" so $2.00 from that one item gets donated that month.
Exactly how much do we donate?
While we're still a small company and just getting our footing, we wanted to find a good starting ground. We researched the national average for donation amounts for small companies of less than 500 employees and we found that approximately 5% to 7% seems to be the average.
So here's our breakdown - For each item sold, we donate 5% or $1.00, whichever is greater. For example, a t-shirt that retails at $35 means we donate $1.75 to our "Monthly Overall" recipient. If that t-shirt also has a designated non-profit, we end up donating $3.50, half to the non-profit of the month and half to the designated non-profit.
We know it may not sound like a lot, but for those less fortunate or needing help, $1.00 can go a long way.
This amount is also just our minimum, and we generally strive to donate more. For November 2019, on top of the donated proceeds from our sales - One Thirteen Creations plans on donating a minimum of $25 worth of canned goods as well as a $25 cash donation to Central Texas Food Bank.
A $25.00 cash donation to Central Texas Food Bank can provide 200 meals!
So while $1.00 may not be a lot to some people, it can definitely make a difference to others.
We truly appreciate all of your support!
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to email us at
We also keep track of our monthly and yearly donations, one for internal records and one for public record. If you'd like to see the public report, feel free to email us at email@example.com and put 'Donation Report' in the subject line and we'll send you a PDF containing all information and receipts regarding our donations.